Thursday, May 31, 2012

Progress!

Yesterday I met with my doctor for the first time and after the appointment my hubby and I both agreed that God has blessed us with amazing doctors!! The doctor checked my cat scan and believes that I am a perfect candidate for a simple surgery rather than the "sinus surgery"  for my infection that usually takes place in the hospital that goes along with IV's, anesthesia, and other complications. This simple surgery will take place in his office, outpatient, done in an hour and half, and by day three after this surgery, I am recovered!! WOW! We are now waiting for the office to call to set up the surgery date, which we are aiming for early to mid June. So that goes along with my timetable! I need to heal for a month, then the cochlear implants, so probably July, then a month of healing again, then I go back to "activate"--HEAR!! So I believe we are making progress, might be slow progress, but folks, it is PROGRESS! I told hubby, my wish and prayer is that I can be able to hear on baby's first birthday-September 23rd and I just might get my wish and prayers answered!!

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS BEYOND AWESOME!! Will continue to keep praying for you, the family, the doctors, and all who are involved. You WILL get through this, no matter what! Love you!

    ReplyDelete