Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A DATE!!

I have a date!!! WOW!!!! I never thought I would be saying this! On JULY 19th, I will officially get my implants and become "robotic"! Ha! I will not be able to hear at this time, I have to heal for a month and allow the swelling to go down and then go back in August to be "Activated" (hear)! I feel like the Terminator when I say that! But to have a date; wow what a difference it makes! When I heard the date, I cried because I said to myself, "I really am going to hear!!" It feels so real now. And God answered my prayers, I am going to hear on my baby's first birthday in September! I have my surgery on my infection behind my eye next week and once that is over, I can start preparing for my official surgery! 

Please pray for my kids and I though, we are getting very weary of the struggles that we go through with my deafness in our day to day living. I prayed with them today and asked God to give us the strength to make it through the last two months with patience with each other. Just two more months until I can hear and what a difference that will make in our lives!!

Several of you have asked me more information about the implant itself and so next week after my first surgery, I will give a detailed post about the implants and what is involved in actually hearing through these implants!


1 comment: