Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Soon, I will be able to hear again!!

Wow, just six more days and we get my implants turned on and I will be able to hear again! The last day I was able to hear was at the children's Christmas program, which was sons four birthday, December 5th, 2011! I have been feeling good from having surgery a month ago! I still have swelling at the top part of the incicsion and burning/itching which are all signs of healing. I am still unable to sleep on the side where i had surgery, I am not sure if it is just knowing that I have something there and I don't sleep there or if it is the swelling that is bothering me. Time will tell.

Manehile, I have been thinking about how my life will change next week! I have been through so much in just one year that my son asked yesterday, "mom, after we go to Kentucky this weekend, when we come back, are you going to finally hear?"  Yes, my son, I will finally be able to hear!! So to prepare myself, I am trying to adjust my expectations. Right now, I just want to be able to hear my kids voices, if that is all I can hear, then really that is enough for me! So I made a list:

Things I want to hear that are important to me for my everyday living!!
Kids voices and laughter
Hubby's voice
Piano
Phone ringing
Hear strangers who start conversations with me ( I actually dream about this, to have conversations and feel confident and reach out to others and be able to chat about simple things!)

Things I wonder if I will be able to hear??
The birds? (I could hear a woodpecker, but not other birds before)
Someone at the door?
My kids putter patter across the room (heard that the first time two years ago, loved it!)
Whispers? Never heard this, a sentence being whispered to e!
Tea kettle?
Crickets? Never heard before!
The dryer going off to let me know clothes are done? Never heard before- kids tell me!


I am also excited to be able to join into worship at church soon! I give God all the praise in this journey, his love to get me through this and comfort has been amazing!! Praise be to God for this wonderful technology gift that I will be given next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment