Thursday, January 12, 2012

Researching for a Doctor

So now that I have made the decision to get the implants. Now I need to find the Doctor that I trust to implant them in my skull! A dear friend of mine shared with me a doctor they used for their son and had amazing results. They also told me just how meticulous and serious this doctor is on cochlear implants and he actually does this kind of surgery weekly. (that is more than OSU- they said they do 30 a year!) As with any surgery there are risk, but this doctor rarely has any complications. So I would love to see this Doctor in KY and get in, we are now waiting to hear from my friend to tell me if he will see me. So now I need prayers for my research and that God will lead me to the right Doctor for me-one that I can completely trust and feel at ease to do this on me.

Meanwhile, I am continually wondering what I am going to be able to hear. My daughter today was giving me details on what she can hear and she opened my eyes to things that I was never able to hear with hearing aids and didn't realize the things that made sounds and I asked, "do you think I will be able to hear those things with these implants?" And she shrugged her shoulders and said, "maybe, maybe not, but that is okay, I will still tell you these sounds." What a sweet daughter I have! (smile)

And my 4 year old son totally cracks me up, I just found out that he has been mouthing his sentences to me. I thought he has been talking, but someone just informed me that he would come up to me and only mouth the words to me. I guess he thinks since I can't hear anymore, there is no point in using your voice to talk to me, so he is mouthing to me! (double smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment